AHHH so much is going on over here! We closed on our HOUSE YESTERDAY so we are OFFICIALLY homeowners!! Construction starts tomorrow *insert happy dance*
We have been finalizing design choices and getting everything in order so the construction process is easy breezy.
Through all the running around and excitement I found out that I was nominated for the Liebster Award! Alexis over at alexisnickcreates thought that my blog was worthy enough to receive the nomination, which is just BEYOND! So thank you, Alexis ;)
The Liebster Award is actually really awesome. It is an award given out through the blogging community. It is given to bloggers BY bloggers as a way to not only let bloggers know they are doing an AMAZING job but also to shed light on different blogs and introduce readers to different material. The blogging world is just getting bigger and bigger so it is great to make blogging friends and uplift, encourage, support, and push each other to do our best!
We are FAMILY!
Once nominated, throw out 11 facts about yourself and answer the eleven questions written by the chic or dude that nominated you, and then create eleven questions of your own for whoever you choose to nominate. So here we gooooo:
1. I am a Jersey girl. I was born and raised in a small beach town before marrying my husband and moving to NC where I have been for the past 2 years.
2. I have bachelors in Criminal Justice specializing in Youth Corrections. People usually are shocked at the fact. It makes me laugh when I see peoples faces after they ask me “what did you go to school for?”
3. I am foodie. I LOVE food so much. I am seriously ALWAYS eating. My grandma used to always wonder why I am not 1,000 pounds.
4. I am obsessed with olives. My husband thinks its gross, but I will just sit there with a jar of olives munchin away!
5. I have an adorable Carolina Dog mix named, Rango. We rescued the little nugget. He is pretty rad.
6. I’m German, Russian, Irish, Italian, Polish, Enlgish and I am not sure what else. Like our dog, I’m a mut.
7. Hmm what else? My favorite ice cream is chocolate chip mint
8. Alice in Wonderland is my favorite movie…EVER
9. I have an obsession with plants
10. I REALLY want to go to Greece one day!
11. I have a fascination with stars. I can sit outside and look at the stars and moon for hours.
11 Questions from Alexis
1. Where is your favorite place that you have traveled to?
My husband and I went on our honeymoon to the Bahamas. We stopped in Free Port and that was possibly one of the prettiest places I have been to. It was an underdeveloped city but had such a chill vibe. It was so relaxing. Not to mention the water was ice blue!
2. What is your dream career?
I would LOVE to blog and design homes for a living! I currently nanny and sell home décor which I love but I am starting to get the itch to want to begin designing more spaces for people.
3. Current favorite artist (musician, designer, painter..)?
My favorite artist of all time is Salvador Dali. He has been my favorite artist for years!
4. Do you keep your phone on ringer or vibrate?
I am a vibrate kind of girl! That sounds dirty as I type it out, but yeah no ringer for me.
5. Who is your biggest inspiration?
My biggest inspiration would have to be nature. That sounds kind of strange when I say it out loud but as I sit outside writing this I am looking at my in-laws backyard and I am getting so many different ideas for different home designs.
6. Why did you start your blog?
I love love LOVE home décor! I love creating beautiful spaces that are budget friendly for the everyday person. I am a firm believer in buying things old and used and bringing them back to life again. That is why I started Rebely. I wanted to show others what they can be capable of doing in their own homes without spending an arm and a leg!
7. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
OOOH, good question! Hard question to answer! Hmmm I would have to say sushi. Is that cheating though because there are different types of sushi? I love sushi though. I could eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I would say wine but apparently that isn’t a food (booooo).
8. What social media platform is your favorite?
I really enjoy Instagram! My husband got me a new camera for my birthday and I really like taking beautiful photos of different projects and displaying them for my follower to see. I feel like they give inspiration to others not to mention I get lots of inspiration myself from photos I see on my Instagram feed.
9. What is your ultimate goal for your blog?
I would really like to have my full-time job be blogging (along with running my own store front). I enjoy it so much and I would love to be solely doing that as a living and following any open doors it may lead me to Lord willing.
10. Do you prefer coffee or tea?
Iced coffee all day long, baby!
11. Where is your favorite place to find blogging inspiration?
Pinterest! It is full of beautiful photos and crafts and unique ideas. I love getting inspiration from there and making it my own!
My questions for my nominees
1. What is something no one knows about you?
2. Beside blogging, what is another creative outlet that you enjoy?
3. Where do you see your blog in the next year?
4. Who would you say is your favorite blogger to follow?
5. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring ONE thing with you, what would it be?
6. Favorite food?
7. Margarita or wine?
8. How would you describe your décor style?
9. If you could give one piece of advice to someone looking to start a blog, what would it be?
10. Chocolate or vanilla? (I will judge you based off your answer).
11. Beach or mountains?